As we continue to grow, we know that outstanding people are the key to our success, and we’re looking for a Maintenance Technician that shares our values and is passionate about people, our residents, and our vision.
Are you someone who is moved by troubleshooting problems, managing multiple priorities, providing excellent customer service, and leading by example? To be successful in this role, you must be disciplined, organized, detail-oriented, results-focused, yet supportive and encouraging. You must also have a strong maintenance and construction skillset, including proficiency in electrical, plumbing, drywall, carpentry, painting, and appliance repair. Additionally, you must have at least one year of applicable property management or trade experience. You must be able to work in a team that values excellence, service, dedication, communication, and doing the right thing. If this is you, and you can prove it, you could be a great fit for our team.
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty:
While your job title may be Maintenance Technician, your role is so much more. At FRG, your role will be a constant blend of:
- Customer Service – Simply put, it’s your job to make sure our residents feel at home, well-cared for, and proud to live in our community. Show them we care.
- Daily Operations – Our maintenance technicians are responsible for the daily service requests that come through. Whether it’s repairing a refrigerator, replacing a leaky faucet, troubleshooting a no heat call, or handling a lock replacement, no job is too small. Every detail also counts and you’ll be tasked with getting our apartments move-in ready for new residents.
- Curb Appeal – We are proud of our communities, and we also want them to be a place that our residents are proud to call home. This means making sure that the details at our community are tended to, like litter-free grounds, well-manicured landscaping, freshly painted signs, parking bumpers in alignment, and more.
As you can tell, you’ll be busy, and our Maintenance Technicians love that. Every day brings something a little different and new challenges to help you grow. You’ll be empowered to provide great customer service and to solve problems by indulging your creativity.
Unfortunately, emergencies do happen outside of your regular work time. Our Maintenance Technicians must be able to respond in emergency situations, and of course we’ll have you covered for those days when you have a planned event or vacation.
Hard skills and education:
- Electric: installation and repair of light fixtures, switches, outlets, appliances, etc.
- Plumbing: installation and repair of faucets, drains, traps, toilets, diverters, valves, appliances, etc. including ability to troubleshoot and repair resident calls for clogged kitchen and bathroom drains
- Carpentry: installation and repair of doors/jambs/hardware, trim, moldings
- Drywall: installation and repair of sheetrock, spackling, sanding, caulking
- HVAC: general knowledge and ability to troubleshoot central boiler systems (cast iron and high-efficiency) along with forced-air HVAC systems
- Perform basic locksmith duties by adjusting doors, hinges, locks, ability to cut keys from landlord-owned machine
- Appliance repair
- Touch-up painting (interior/exterior)
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
The following are prerequisites to working at FRG in this position.
- Criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Own tools
What we provide:
We offer excellent pay, benefits, supportive and relationship-based environment that values employees, develops their strengths, and focuses on development, opportunity, and purposeful work.
- Quarterly bonus and monthly commissions
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Simple IRA
- Awesome coworkers that love what they do!