CareersJoin Our Team
At Friedman Realty Group, our team members are the key to our success. We’re dedicated to providing our residents with an exceptional living experience, and we’re always on the lookout for great people to help lead that charge. As a family-owned company, we strive to create a fulfilling and enjoyable workplace for our employees, and we work to support the shared success of our entire team. Ready to join our team? We’d love to hear from you regarding any of our open positions or other career opportunities.
Maintenance Supervisor - Somers Point, NJ
About FRG: Friedman Realty Group is a family owned and operated real estate investment firm specializing in multifamily apartments. Since our founding in 1975, our mission has been to go the extra mile by being intensely customer-focused. We distinguish ourselves through our commitment to the highest standards of customer service, professionalism, and integrity. And, most importantly, we’re a team of individuals that love what we do. As we continue to grow, we know that outstanding people are the key to our success, and we’re looking for a Maintenance Supervisor that shares our values and is passionate about people, our residents, and our vision.
About the role: Are you someone who is moved by taking control of projects, managing multiple priorities, providing excellent customer service, and leading a team? To be successful in this role, you must be disciplined, organized, detail-oriented, results-focused, yet supportive and encouraging. You must also have a strong maintenance and construction skillset, including proficiency in electrical, plumbing, drywall, carpentry, painting, and appliance repair. Additionally, you must have several years of applicable property management experience, have experience managing and developing a team, supply and inventory control, and a proven track record for financial results. You must be able to work in a team that values excellence, service, resilience, and doing the right thing. If this is you, and you can prove it, you could be a great fit for our team.
Hard skills and education:
- Electric: installation and repair of light fixtures, switches, outlets, appliances, etc.
- Plumbing: installation and repair of faucets, drains, traps, toilets, diverters, valves, appliances, etc. including the ability to troubleshoot and repair resident calls for clogged kitchen and bathroom drains
- Carpentry: installation and repair of doors/jambs/hardware, trim, moldings
- Drywall: installation and repair of sheetrock, spackling, sanding, caulking
- HVAC: general knowledge and ability to troubleshoot central boiler systems (cast iron and high-efficiency) along with forced-air HVAC systems
- Perform basic locksmith duties by adjusting doors, hinges, locks, ability to cut keys from landlord-owned machine
- Appliance repair
- Touch-up painting (interior/exterior)
- High school diploma or GED
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty: The following are prerequisites to working at FRG in this position.
- Criminal background check
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Own tools
What we provide:
We offer excellent pay, benefits, supportive and relationship-based environment that values employees, develops their strengths, and focuses on development, opportunity, and purposeful work.
- Quarterly bonus and monthly commissions
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Simple IRA
- Awesome coworkers that love what they do!